GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Provide certified birth and death certificate of all county records. Certified copies are $25.00.
- Burial permits are also issued through this department.
- Provide assistance to those seeking genealogy information.
- Issue county License for state and county programs listed.
- Collection of county and state fees
- Record keeping for the Environemntal and Bursing programs including the child immunization clinic.
- Medicare Part B billing for flu shots
- Information and assistance given on public health matters
Immunization clinic - 9:00 to 11:00 am Tuesday and Thursday 2nd Floor Court House Room #211. $ 10.00 fee for childhood immunization & medicaid accepted.
- Adult immunizations are given with an appointment and international travel vaccines.
- Seasonal Flu and pneumonia shots for the at risk populations
- Casefinding and referral to the Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps, and follow-up on all cases.
- Referrals made to specialty clinics, per clients request.
- Follow-up on all communicable and sexually transmitted diseases and reported to Ohio Department of Health.
- Assist County School nurses as needed with annual scoliosis screening, vision and hearing referrals and follow-up.
- Health Education materials available.
- Health Teaching
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Provide inspections on State Mandated Programs:
- Manufactored Home Parks
- Swimming Pools & Spas
- Restaurant Inspections
- Grocery Store Inspections
- Tatoo Parlor's
- Individual Home Sewage Disposal Systems
- Private Water Systems
Additionally, provide inspection and/or testing programs for:
- Loan Inspections for VA, FHA (Sewage Systems)
- Nuisance complaints
- Animal bites
- Water Tests
- Health Education offered
617 Court Street, Suite A
355-1250 or 355-1256
T.B. Testing done every week, but you need to make an appointment. You will need to return in 48 to 72 hours after test to have reading and card issued.
Fee: None, Funded through the County T.B. Levy.
T.B. medication available through T.B. Clinic, per order of physician.
Scioto County General Health District
District Board of Health
R. Aaron Adams,D.O., Commissioner of Health
Lahoma Morgan, Clerk
Gail E. Brown, Environmental/Nursing Secretary
J.B. Marshall, Jr.
Michael Martin, M.D
Michael Trapp,R.S.,Director,Environmental Health.
Public Health Nurses
Cathy Widdig, R.N.
Ruth Montavon R.N.
Patricia Staker, R.N., Director, Nursing
Have a question? Missing link? Another concern? Please contact us!
602 SEVENTH STREET - ROOM 1 - PORTSMOUTH, OHIO 45662 P (740) 355-8313 F (740) 353-7358 SCIOTOCOUNTYOHIO.COM