The 1810 House is a historic old farm homestead that clearly represents the courage of pioneers who cleared, settled and cultivated the wild forest near the mighty Ohio River.
Visitors come in close contact with the past, instead of through glass panes and roped-off areas, walking the floors where the home’s residents walked for decades. Eight rooms show the various 19th and early 20th century styles of home furnishings as well as clothing and housewares. The 1810 House includes a number of significant “firsts” including the first Franklin stove in the region and the first vineyard in southern Ohio made possible from cuttings were brought to the Kinney farm from Cincinnati.
The museum is open May through the first weekend in December, Saturdays and Sundays, 2 to 4 p.m., as well as in December for special Christmas displays, and by appointment. For more information please call (740) 776-3420.The 1810 House